You are here
Become an Observer
When you participate in the program, you’ll go outside to observe nature in your backyard or nearby area weekly and enter this information online.
Time commitment to...
Become an observer: About 10 minutes
Observe: About 2 minutes per individual plant or animal (once you’ve familiarized yourself with the program and learned how to observe)
Become an observer today in 3 steps:
>2.Set up your account
- Choose your site, the location where you want to observe, such as your backyard.
- Select species from our Species List, identifying individual plants or animals you want to observe.
- Familiarize yourself with our guidelinesfor observing.
- Print paper datasheets to take outsidewhen you record observations.
- Go outside, take observations of your plants or animals using your paper datasheets and enter them online afterward.